Bid Number: RFQ: CRAC-ELF-28488.
Bid Description: Waste Management Services at Kaserne, Kascon, City Deep, Jupiter, Natalspruit, India, Parkhill, Germiston Union, Rooikop and Kaalfontein for a Period of Twelve (12) Months.
Name of Institution:Transnet Freight Rail.
Place where goods, works or services are required: Kaserne, Kascon, City Deep, Jupiter, Natalspruit, India, Parkhill, Germiston Union, Rooikop and Kaalfontein.
Date Published: 24 November 2018.
Closing Date / Time: 06 December 2018 at 10h00 am.
Contact Person: Nobahle Mjoli.
Telephone number: 011 584 1141.
FAX Number: n/a
Where bid documents can be obtained:
Physical Address: AT THE RECEPTION, TENDER ADVICE CENTRE, INYANDA HOUSE 1, GROUND FLOOR, 21 WELLINGTON ROAD, PARKTOWN,
Where bids should be delivered:
Physical Address: The Chairperson, Transnet Freight Rail Acquisition Council, Inyanda House 1, 21 Wellington Rd, Parktown, JOHANNESBURG, 2001.
A compulsory briefing session will be held on:
Date: 29 November 2018.
Time: 10h00 am.
Venue: Transnet Freight Rail, Lethabo Boardroom, Inyanda House 2, 15 Girton Road, Parktown, Johannesburg.
A non-refundable tender fee of R100.00 is applicable per tender document.
1. Payment is to be made to:
Account Name: Transnet Freight Rail.
Account: Standard Bank.
Account Number: 203158598.
Branch code: 004805.
2. The deposit slip must reflect the RFQ number and the Company Name.
3. Receipt/s to be submitted when collecting the RFQ document.
4. For collection, RFQ documents will only be available from 23 November 2018 and must be collected before 15H00 until on Wednesday, 28 November 2018 at 15:00. (N.B no tender will be issued after this deadline
5. If Bidders intend to download the RFQ from the National Treasury eTender Publication Portal at www.etenders.gov.za, free of charge they are required to send their contact details to the following address: Lerato.email@example.com or Anthonie.firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, 28 November 2018 at 15h00. This is to ensure that any required communication (e.g. addenda to the RFP) in relation to this RFQ reaches those intending to respond.
Transnet will not be held liable if Bidders do not respond by this date and do not receive the latest information regarding this Bid as a result thereof.
Additional Special Conditions
In terms of paragraph 3 of the NATIONAL TREASURY SCM INSTRUCTION NO 4 OF 2016/2017, which became effective on 1 May 2016,
Transnet must ensure that:
Suppliers of Transnet are registered on the Central Supplier Database [CSD] before any procurement related activities commences;
The CSD can be used as the single list of prospective suppliers for Transnet
Furthermore, according to paragraph 5.6
Transnet may only award bids to suppliers after verifying that the supplier is registered as prospective suppliers on the National Treasury Central Supplier Database.
Transnet Freight Rail urges Clients & Suppliers to report fraud/corruption at
Transnet Tip Off Hotline: 0800 003 056
Email: Transnet@tip-off.com : Fax Number: 0800 007 788: Freepost DN 298, Umhlanga Rocks, 4320
Date Posted: 2018-11-24
Closing Date: Dec 06, 2018