Bid Number: RFQ: CRAC-ELF-28039.
Bid Description: SUPPLY AND DELIVERY OF READY MIX CONCRETE, 19MM STONE, 1 m³ 25MPA FOR KOMATIPOORT ON AN “AS AND WHEN” REQUIRED FOR A PERIOD OF 5 MONTHS.
Name of Institution: Transnet Freight Rail.
Place where goods, works or services are required: Mpumalanga.
Date Published: 07 November 2018.
Closing Date / Time: 20 November 2018 at 10h00 am.
Contact Person: Qetelo Moshoeshoe.
Telephone number: 011 878 7082
FAX Number: n/a
Where bid documents can be obtained:
Physical Address: The Reception, Transnet Freight Rail, RME, Cnr Jet Park and North Reef Road Elandsfontein. (Please ask for Nico Forteins).
Where bids should be delivered:
Physical Address: The Chairperson, Transnet Freight Rail Acquisition Council, Cnr Jet Park and North Reef Elandsfontein,
A compulsory / Optional briefing session will be held on: n/a
A non-refundable tender fee of R100.00 is applicable per tender document.
1. Payment is to be made to:
Account Name: Transnet Freight Rail.
Account: Standard Bank.
Account Number: 203158598.
Branch code: 004805.
2. The deposit slip must reflect the RFQ number and the Company Name.
3. Receipt/s to be submitted when collecting the RFQ document.
4. For collection, RFQ documents will only be available from Wednesday, 7 November 2018 and must be collected before 10h00 on Monday, 19 November 2018. (NB: No tenders will be issued after this deadline).
5. If Bidders intend to download the RFQ from the National Treasury eTender Publication Portal at www.etenders.gov.za, free of charge they are required to send their contact details to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, 19 November 2018 at 10h00. This is to ensure that any required communication (e.g. addenda to the RFQ) in relation to this RFQ reaches those intending to respond.
Transnet will not be held liable if Bidders do not respond by this date and do not receive the latest information regarding this RFQ as a result thereof.
PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO B-BBEE COMPANIES IN TERMS OF TRANSNET’S BBBEE POLICY.
Additional Special Conditions
In terms of paragraph 3 of the NATIONAL TREASURY SCM INSTRUCTION NO 4 OF 2016/2017, which became effective on 1 May 2016,
Transnet must ensure that:
Suppliers of Transnet are registered on the Central Supplier Database [CSD] before any procurement related activities commences;
The CSD can be used as the single list of prospective suppliers for Transnet
Furthermore, according to paragraph 5.6
Transnet may only award bids to suppliers after verifying that the supplier is registered as prospective suppliers on the National Treasury Central Supplier Database.
Transnet Freight Rail urges Clients & Suppliers to report fraud/corruption at
Transnet Tip Off Hotline: 0800 003 056
Email: Transnet@tip-off.com : Fax Number: 0800 007 788: Freepost DN 298, Umhlanga Rocks, 4320
Date Posted: 2018-11-07
Closing Date: Nov 20, 2018