Bid Number: RFQ: CRAC-HO-28721.
Bid Description: PROVISION OF 120 INTERNET OF THINGS (IoT) TRACKING DEVICES AT PRETORIA.
Name of Institution: TRANSNET FREIGHT RAIL.
Place where goods, works or services are required: PRETORIA.
Date Published: 30 November 2018
Closing Date / Time: 5 December 2018 at 10h00 am.
Contact Person: Leslie Richards.
Telephone number: 011 584 0645
Where bid documents can be obtained:
Physical Address: AT THE RECEPTION, TENDER ADVICE CENTRE, INYANDA HOUSE 1, GROUND FLOOR, 21 WELLINGTON ROAD, PARKTOWN, JOHANNESBURG.
Where bids should be delivered:
Physical Address: The Chairperson, Transnet Freight Rail Acquisition Council, Inyanda House 1, 21 Wellington Rd, Parktown, JOHANNESBURG, 2001.
A compulsory / Optional briefing session will be held on: n/a
A non-refundable tender fee of R100.00 is applicable per tender document.
1. Payment is to be made to:
Account Name: Transnet Freight Rail.
Account: Standard Bank.
Account Number: 203158598
Branch code: 004805
2. The deposit slip must reflect the RFQ number and the Company Name.
3. Receipt/s to be submitted when collecting the RFQ document.
4. For collection, RFQ documents will only be available from Friday, 30 November 2018 and must be collected before 15h00 on Tuesday, 04 December 2018 (NB: No tenders will be issued after this deadline)
5. If Bidders intend to download the bid off the Portal, they are required to indicate their intention to respond to this bid by Tuesday, 04 December 2018 by sending an email with their contact details to the following address: Lerato.Morailane@transnet.net or Anthonie.Erasmus@transnet.net. This is to ensure that any required communication (e.g. addenda to the bid) in relation to this bid reaches those intending to respond.
NOTE - Transnet will not be held liable if Bidders do not respond by this date and do not receive the latest information regarding this Bid as a result thereof.
Additional Special Conditions:
In terms of paragraph 3 of the NATIONAL TREASURY SCM INSTRUCTION NO 4 OF 2016/2 which became effective on 1 May 2016,
Transnet must ensure that:
Suppliers of Transnet are registered on the Central Supplier Database [CSD] before procurement related activities commences;
The CSD can be used as the single list of prospective suppliers for Transnet
Furthermore, according to paragraph 5.6
Transnet may only award bids to suppliers after verifying that the supplier is registered as a prospective supplier on the National Treasury Central Supplier Database.
PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO BBBEE COMPANIES IN TERMS OF TRANSNET’S BBBEE POLICY.
Transnet Freight Rail urges Clients & Suppliers to report fraud/corruption at
Transnet Tip Off Hotline: 0800 003 056
Email: Transnet@tip-off.com : Fax Number: 0800 007 788: Freepost DN 298, Umhlanga Rocks, 4320
Date Posted: 2018-11-30
Closing Date: Dec 05, 2018